Thursday, November 22, 2007

Comics This Week

Brave and the Bold 8 - This is probably one of the current best titles being published by either DC or Marvel. It's a fun ride across the DC universe that beats hands down any of the big event titles like Identity Crisis, 52, Countdown, Civil War or Messiah Complex. This issue packs in some laughs while continuing the 2nd story arc. If not the best of the year, it's certainly worth Cheers! Best of the Week!

Action Comics 859 - Continuing the Superman/Legion of Super-Heroes team-up, this issue follows the intriguing mystery and I can't wait to see what comes next. I'm loving this story line almost as much as I'm looking forward to Jim Shooter returning to the Legion. Things are looking up for the Legion. Excellence!

Incredible Hulk 111 - Repeats some of the story from the final issue of World War Hulk from a different prospective with a likable cast. Seems to be a transition story toward the title changing to feature Hercules. It's pretty decent and I'll stay tuned to find out what happens next, and why does Angel have a snowflake on the front of his costume? It's OK.

New X-men 44 - Woot! Humberto Ramos! I skipped last weeks Messiah Complex and don't feel like I missed much. The story does move forward in this chapter and it's the best so far. I pretty much like this one. No doubt in large part to Ramos' artwork. Marvel ought to give him a X-title with Nightcrawler, Angel, Wolverine, Colossus and Storm; they look awesome here. Angel has a halo on his costume and not a snowflake which looks much better than in the Hulk book. Surprisingly, it's pretty good!

Countdown to Mystery 3
- I'm still enjoying this title, even though I'm not reading the rest of the Countdown stuff. Still loving the artwork by Stephen Jorge Segovia. Guest appearances by the Creeper and Batman. Very Enjoyable!

Flash 233-234 - My impulse buy of the week, to check out the new artist replacing the wonderful Daniel Acuna. Freddie Williams wonderfully colorful artwork is a fine match for the Flash. The story seems to be progressing well, even tho I'm a bit put off by the Flash kids thing, and I seem to be warming to the concept. So overall, It's pretty good!

2 comments:

Tia Nevitt said...

Hi, David. Great blog concept you have here! You're almost making me miss my comic book days.

David said...

Thanks, Tia :) I'm glad you're liking it.