Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Year's Best Reads - Horror

In no particular order...
  • The Repairman Jack Series by F. Paul Wilson - I've read most of this series over the last year, and it's one of my favorites. Wilson's smooth writing style, great characters and plotting make for addictive reading.
  • Phantom Nights by John Farris
  • All Heads Turn When the Hunt Goes By by John Farris - I found some great horror novels via Stephen Jones Horror: The 100 Best Books, and it's sequel which lists a second 100. I also enjoyed Farris' very X-men-like The Fury and the Terror.
  • Burnt Offerings by Robert Marasco - This one is right up there with Shirley Jackson's The Haunting of Hill House, and just might be my favorite horror novel ever.
  • The Manitou by Graham Masterton - An awesomely fun creature feature. I read several Masterton novels this year but this one is the best.
  • Chasing the Dead by Joe Schreiber - A page turning blast! Why isn't this a movie yet?
  • Heart-shaped Box by Joe Hill - Rob Zombie really ought to make this into a movie. It'd be a perfect match.

No comments: