Saturday, January 12, 2008

Short Book Reviews

The Creeper: Welcome to Creepsville by Steve Niles and Justiniano - I've always had a soft spot for Steve Ditko's creation, the Creeper. He's never been much more than a guest star with a cool costume appearing occasionally in various DC titles. This volume is a collection of a mini-series which serves as a gentle reboot and introduction to new readers. While not ground-breaking, it succeeds at its task and is an enjoyable read. Justiniano's artwork is a good match for this character. Good Fun!

3 comments:

Carl V. said...

The only experience I've had with the character is the very loosely associated 5 issue series Beware the Creeper by Jason Hall and Cliff Chiang. I actually enjoyed that quite a bit.

David said...

Hmmm. I'm a recent Cliff Chiang convert. I think I'll have to see if I can find those in the back issue bin :)

Carl V. said...

I love the art in them. The story is interesting as well. I thought the end was a little, meh, but overall I enjoyed it.