Saturday, March 1, 2008

Short Book Reviews

B.P.R.D. Vol 7 Garden of Souls by Mignola, Arcudi and Davis - I greatly enjoyed the previous volume of B.P.R.D., The Universal Machine, which was a solid read collected in one volume. This on the other hand is a bit of a disappointment. I have not been a faithful reader of this title and my lack of knowledge or my poor memory hindered this story. Quite a bit is referenced from previous plot lines and this story is not as tight as the Universal Machine. Still it has its highlights as Abe Sapien gets the spotlight and contains some cool steampunky villains and creatures. Hellboy does not make an appearance. It's just OK.

1 comment:

Carl V. said...

I have yet to finish the last couple of issues of this one so I can't really comment on the story as a whole yet. I have enjoyed it so far. I like Abe and enjoy when he gets into the spotlight once in awhile. I'm thrilled he has his own little arc going right now in a story written by Mike M. Can't wait for the movie this summer.