Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Short Book Reviews

Stalking the Unicorn by Mike Resnick - Since I enjoyed The Dragon Done It so much I decided to plunge full into Resnick's classic John Justin Mallory novel from 1987. It's a very enjoyable fantasy detective adventure brimming with Renick's trademark snappy dialog and genial attitude. This novel's been out of print for a while, but Pyr is bringing it back with this great new cover pictured here (not sure who the artist is) in August. I am looking forward to reading it's sequel Stalking the Vampire which is also due in August from Pyr. Recommended!

1 comment:

Carl V. said...

These all look really fun. I read my first (or maybe my second...I have a sneaking suspicion that I read one earlier) Resnick short story recently and really enjoyed it. I have a book of his short stories that my daughter bought me for my birthday that I need to get started on soon.