Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Short Book Reviews

Thraxas by Martin Scott - I really enjoyed Alex Bledsoe's The Sword-Edged Blonde and I've been searching for other novels in that Hard-boiled fantasy sub-genre. This World Fantasy award winner from 2000 certainly fits the bill and is a real entertaining gem. Look past the ugly covers on the various editions of this book; it sure is sweet inside. While I didn't find it as funny as the blubs suggested, it's a good adventure with great characters. This one is out of print and used copy are a bit pricey at the usual online outlets. The Baen edition is a twofer and includes the second novel, Thraxas and the Warrior Monks. Highly Recommended.

2 comments:

Carl V. said...

If it is in the same vein as Sword-Edged Blonde I'm sure I would enjoy it. That was such a fun book.

David said...

Hey Carl! I'm glad there's a bunch of them. SciFi/Fantasy mysteries are nice treats. There's just not enough of them :)