Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Short Book Reviews

Savage Sword of Conan Vol. 1 by Various - I haven't gotten much reading done with the cross country move happening, but I did take this first volume of black and white reprints from the old Conan magazine with me on the flight to Portland, OR. It was a good travel companion, though I enjoyed it more to start with than toward the end. I wouldn't exactly say if you've read one of these stories, you've read them all... but maybe if you've read a dozen or so. There's some great art here from Smith, Buscema and Acala. Good enuf for Good Fun!

2 comments:

Carl V. said...

Have you read any of the "new" Conan series with Tim Truman and Cary Nord? I have kept up with it up until the most recent changes on the book and have really enjoyed it. I particularly love Nord's art. One good thing about them is that they led me to pick up Howard's original Conan stories and I have loved reading them. I have one more of the Del Rey editions left to read and I've been eyeing it longingly lately.

David said...

Hey Carl!
Yeah, I really like Cary Nords stuff a lot. I haven't read all of those Conan stories he's done and want to read more.