Wednesday, January 30, 2013

 THE EXPLORER by JAMES SMYTHE


It's been getting rave reviews every where so I picked this up. It's definitely not what I though I was going to get. The blurb set up sounds like the move, ALIEN. It's not. This is a very talky book that tells the story quickly to begin with, detailing the deaths of all the crew members. Once that's done we go back to the beginning and the story is retold a second time. It's quite repetitive. And talky. I did want to find out the ending. Once I got there I'd wished I'd put the book down early as my instincts had told me. I really did not care for this book.






I SAW ZOMBIES EATING SANTA CLAUS by S.G. BROWNE

I loved Browne's Breathers. LOVED IT. I wasn't so satisfied with this sequel. Much of the humor is repeated from the first volume. I've already been there. There's not much need for the recycling job.











 ODD INTERLUDE by DEAN KOONTZ

Loved this book. If you like Koontz and his greatest creation Odd Thomas you'll love this book too. If you've not read him start with the first book in the series, Odd Thomas.

No comments: