Friday, August 16, 2013

B.P.R.D. HELL ON EARTH, VOL. 6. THE RETURN OF THE MASTER

It's been a couple of years since I've read either a Hellboy or a BPRD book. I tend to read those title in a binge reading marathon once a few TPB collections are printed.

Are for the newer BPRD: HELL ON EARTH series I very much enjoyed the first two volumes. And here I am reading them out of order. Following Vol. 2 with Vol. 6. The Hell On Earth series is one long continuing story. So I'd strongly recommend reading them in order.

Even without reading Vol.s 3,4,5, I found much to enjoy in this collection. BPRD is perhaps the most consistently terrific title in comic books, pretty much since the inception of Hellboy back in 1993. That's 20 years of top-notch material. Impressive to say the least. The writing is superb, Arcudi's artwork looks like Mignola's style crossed with Herge, color by comicdom's reigning color Master which all adds up to a Premium title in the field. It's the Jaguar of comics.

I've got the bug again. I've got to catch up with my BPRD and Hellboy reading.
Strongly Recommend this series.

No comments: